Daily Gk for Punjab / Others Competitive Exams 2017-18 Self-Preparations
Today Date - 17/08/2017
Today GK Points
Economist Intelligence Unit : Melbourne named World's Most Liveable City.
Top 5 :
1. Melbourne (Australia)
2. Vienna (Austria)
3. Vancouver (Canada)
4. Toronto (Canada)
5. Adelaide (Australia) , Calgary (Canada)
2017 Rogers Cup Final Men's Singles : Alexander Zverev won Rogers Cup Title.
( Location : Montreal , Canada )
NPPA imposes price caps on knee implants ; prices to be cheaper 30-78%
NPPA - National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
IAS (Retd.) Dr. I.V. Subba Rao appointed as secretary to the Vice President of India.
- Lok Sabha - In our INDIA , Lok Sabha is composed of representatives of people chosen by direct election on the basis of Universal Adult Suffrage
- The Maximum strength of the House is 552 members
- The 530 members to represent the States,
- The 20 members to represent the Union Territories, and
- The 2 members to be nominated by the President from the Anglo-Indian Community
- At present, the strength of the House is 545
- The term of the Lok Sabha, unless dissolved, is five years(05) from the date appointed for its first meeting
- However, while a proclamation of emergency is in operation, this period may be extended by Parliament by law for a period not exceeding one year at a time and not extending in any case, beyond a period of six months after the proclamation has ceased to operate
- There are 13 MP (Members of Parliament) seats in Punjab
- The Rajya Sabha - maximum 250 members (238 members representing the States and Union Territories, and 12 members nominated by the President).
- Rajya Sabha is also known as "Council of States"
- Rajya Sabha is a permanent body and is not subject to dissolution. However, one third of the members retire every second year, and are replaced by newly elected members.
- Each member is elected for a term of 06 six years
- The Vice President of India is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- There are 07 Rajya Sabha Members from Punjab
- The density of Punjab state is 551 per sq km.
- Punjab State is spread over 50,362 Sq Km.
- The Punjab Vidhan Sabha, also called the Punjab Legislative Assembly .
- After independence, Punjab first elections in - 1952.
- In the State of Punjab, there are 117 Assembly Constituencies.
- The Indian state of Punjab was created in 1947, when the Partition of India split the former Raj province of Punjab between India and Pakistan. The mostly Muslim western part of the province became Pakistan's Punjab Province; the mostly Sikh eastern part became India's Punjab state.
- In 1950, two separate states were created; Punjab included of the former Raj province of Punjab, while the princely states were combined into a new state, the Patiala and East Punjab States Union (PEPSU). PEPSU consisted of the princely states of Patiala, Nabha, Jind, Kapurthala, Malerkotla, Faridkot and Kalsia. Himachal Pradesh was created as a union territory from several princely states and Kangra District.
- In 1956, PEPSU was merged into Punjab state, and several northern districts of Punjab in the Himalayas were added to Himachal Pradesh.
- 15 August - Independence Day
- Panjab University , PU in Chandigarh (UT of Punjab State)
- Punjab School Education Board , PSEB came into existence through a legislative enactment in 1969 , Situated in Mohali
- Guru Nanak Dev University, GNDU was established on November , 1969 at Amritsar
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) was established at Ludhiana by Punjab Government Gazette on August 9, 2005 and it started functioning w.e.f. April 21, 2006
- Guru Ravidas Ayurved University, Hoshiarpur has been established by the Government of Punjab.It started functioning w.e.f 1st February 2011.
- Punjab Agricultural University was established in 1962 at Ludhiana
- Punjabi University , Patiala was Established in 1962 at Patiala